Why invest in the Hispanic Scholarship Fund?
Top 5 Reasons to Invest….
1. HSF has a $50 million-and-growing gap in unmet needs
Last year HSF received over 85,000 applications. About 25,000 of these students were qualified to receive scholarships, but we were only able to award 5100. That translates to a $50 million gap.
2. A majority of HSF Scholars come from low-income families and depend on need-based scholarships.
For many of our scholars, financial aid is the deciding factor on whether to enroll and pursue a college education.
3. Hispanic students are heading to college at higher rates than ever.
The difference is narrowing, but only 14% of Hispanics have college degrees today, as compared to 30.4% of the general population.
4. HSF’s programs are designed to help students graduate.
The financial and retention support HSF contributes helps give students all the tools they need to apply to college, do well in their course work, graduate, enter a profession, excel, help lead our nation going forward, and mentor the generations to come.
5. HSF’s programs help dispel the myth that discourages many families: that college is out of reach.
As the nation’s largest provider of college information and services for Latino families, our programs transform college into a practical reality. We help with everything from college preparation and applications, to financial aid and whatever else parents might need to help their children go to college, get a degree, and use their education to make a better world.
Click here to donate to the Hispanic Scholarship Fund.